1. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. As between you and the USGA, and except for your Submitted Materials (as defined in Section 5 below), the USGA owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Sites, all the content (including, but not limited to, all audio, photographs, images, illustrations, renderings, drawings, Webcasts, RSS feeds, podcasts, other services, graphics, logos, scoring information, games, widgets, gadgets, applets, other distributable applications, handicapping materials, other visuals, video, copy and software), software, code, data and other materials thereon (collectively, the “Site Content”), the look and feel, design and organization of the USGA Sites, and the compilation of the Site Content, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the USGA Sites does not grant to you ownership or title of, in or to any Site Content or any other part of the USGA Sites.
3. TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names that may be displayed on the USGA Sites or on Site Content are registered and unregistered trademarks of the USGA and other persons (collectively, the “Trademarks”), and may not be used unless authorized by the Trademark owner. Nothing contained on the USGA Sites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the USGA Sites without the USGA's written permission or that of the third party rights holder.
6. RULES OF CONDUCT. While accessing or using the USGA Sites, the Site Content and the various other features available on the USGA Sites, in addition to any other supplementary terms and conditions that may be posted or otherwise made available in connection with particular USGA Sites, areas or features on the USGA, you agree that you shall not:
10. ORDERS FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. We may make certain products and services available for purchase or download to users of the USGA Sites. You may only order products or services if, and you hereby represent and warrant that, you are domiciled in the United States and you are 18 years old (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction) or older. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to the USGA. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Certain products and services that you may be able to purchase or download on or through the USGA Sites may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download.
11. LINKING TO THE USGA SITES. You agree that, without the prior express permission of the USGA: (a) if you include a link from any other web site to the any USGA Site, such link shall open in a new browser window and shall link to the home page of a USGA Site; (b) you are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the USGA Sites, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site; and (c) you may not link from any other web site to a USGA Site in any manner such that a USGA Site, or any page of a USGA Site, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. The posting or creation of a link to any USGA Site signifies that you have read the restrictions described herein and agree to abide by their terms. The USGA may, in its sole discretion, insist that any link to a USGA Site be discontinued, and the USGA may revoke your right to link to a USGA Site from any other web site at any time upon written notice to you.
12. THIRD PARTY WEB SITES. You may be able to link from the USGA Sites to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the USGA Sites (“Linked Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that the USGA has no responsibility for any information, content, advertising, products, services or other materials on any Linked Sites, and that links to Linked Sites do not necessarily constitute an endorsement, approval or sponsorship thereof by the USGA. If you choose to rely on any Linked Site, you are doing so at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such choice.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE USGA SITES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, FORUMS, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, DOWNLOADS AND MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE USGA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. THE USGA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USGA SITES, THE SERVICES, THE FORUMS OR THE SITE CONTENT WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED IN A TIMELY MANNER OR AT ALL. THE USGA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE USGA SITES, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, WILL MEET USERS' REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE USGA, OR FROM OR THROUGH THE USGA SITES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THE USGA ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE USGA SITES OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OR UPLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE USGA SITES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE USGA SITES, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE USGA SITES. THE USGA DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENDORSE, SUPPORT, SANCTION, ENCOURAGE OR AGREE WITH ANY SITE CONTENT OR ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS, OR ANY OPINION, RECOMMENDATION, CONTENT, LINK, DATA OR ADVICE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED THEREIN, AND THE USGA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH SUBMITTED MATERIALS AND ANY OTHER CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE USGA SITES CREATED OR PROVIDED BY USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. USE OF THE USGA SITES, CREATION OF AN ACCOUNT OR THE SUBMISSION OF ANY SUBMITTED MATERIALS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE OR USE THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS SECTION, THE USGA AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA ANY USGA SITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE USGA SITES OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE USGA OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE USGA SITES ARE PROVIDED BY THE USGA (OR ITS LICENSORS OR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS) “AS IS”, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND THE USGA OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
15. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES. The USGA Sites are intended for users who are located in the United States of America. The USGA does not represent that materials on the USGA Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the USGA Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from the USGA Sites is further subject to United States export controls. No software from the USGA Sites may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders; or (iii) in any other manner that violates U.S. law. By downloading or using any such software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
18. COPYRIGHT. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the USGA Sites do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the USGA's Copyright Agent, designated as such pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2) (the “DMCA”), named below:
United States Golf Association
77 Liberty Corner Road
Far Hills, NJ 07931
Phone: (908) 234-2300 x 1034
Fax: (908) 719-9593
We will respond to notices of claimed copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA.
Museum questions unrelated to the DMCA should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments or inquiries unrelated to the DMCA or museum should be addressed to
P.O. Box 708
Far Hills, N.J. 07931