The United States Golf Association (the “USGA”) has established the following terms and conditions under this Ticket/Credential License Agreement (this “Agreement”) for the use of “Ticket(s)” and “Credential(s)” for admission to the 2015 United States Women’s Open Championship (the “Championship”) at Lancaster Country Club from July 6, 2015 through July 12, 2015, plus any additional day(s) of the Championship due to a postponement, play-off or other eventuality determined by the USGA. Any individual lawfully possessing a valid Ticket and/or Credential shall be a “Ticket Holder” for purposes of this Agreement. This Agreement states the rights and responsibilities of each Ticket Holder and applies to the sale of all Tickets/Badges, including sales over the Internet. Please read this entire Agreement carefully. By accepting a Ticket or Credential, a Ticket Holder agrees that s/he has accepted each of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1. Delivery of Tickets. (a) Ticket Holder is solely responsible for safeguarding all Tickets or Credentials delivered to him/her, upon receipt. Tickets/Credentials that are lost, stolen, forgotten, mutilated or destroyed will not be replaced. Tickets/Credentials that are unreadable due to mutilation of any kind will not be accepted for admission. (b) Ticket Holder acknowledges and agrees that s/he: (i) is responsible for any and all Tickets/Credentials s/he provides to any third party; and (ii) s/he will notify any such third party of the existence and applicability of this Agreement and that they are bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any such third party receiving any Ticket/Credential or Tickets/Credentials will be deemed to have accepted each of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
2. Admission. (a) Every Ticket and Credential is a revocable license, which may be revoked without refund or other consideration, subjecting the Ticket Holder to removal from the Championship for: (i) failure to comply with any term of the Ticket/Credential and/or this Agreement; (ii) failure to obey any posted signs and/or instructions of any championship marshal, official or law enforcement officer; and/or (iii) acting in a dangerous or disorderly manner. The license granted by the Ticket/Credential may also be terminated by tendering to the Ticket Holder the purchase price of the Ticket/Credential. Each Ticket Holder is solely responsible for complying with the Championship Code of Conduct outlined below, as well as all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. (b) Ticket Holder consents to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in Somerset County, New Jersey and to the exclusive applicability of New Jersey law to any dispute related to a Ticket/Credential or otherwise related to this Agreement.(c) Anyone altering or reproducing a Ticket/Credential, or attempting to do so, in any manner whatsoever will be subject to civil and criminal liability. Resale or attempted resale of the Ticket/Credential at a price higher than face value of the Ticket/Credential is grounds for seizure or automatic cancellation without refund or other compensation. Ticket/Credential sales on or near the grounds associated with the Championship at any price are prohibited, subjecting such Tickets/Credentials to revocation or cancellation. No Ticket/Credential may be used for or in advertising, promotions (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade or commercial purposes without the express written consent of the USGA. The Ticket Holder is admitted on the condition that s/he agrees not to transmit or sell or aid in transmitting or selling any unauthorized description, account, picture or reproduction of any aspect of the Championship. In addition to all other rights and/or remedies available to the USGA, breach of the foregoing will automatically terminate all rights to the Ticket/Credential and/or access to the Championship without refund or other compensation. (d) Every adult must have a Ticket/Credential for admission to the Championship. All kids under the age of 17 are admitted free with a ticketed/credentialed adult. (e) The USGA is the only authorized seller of Tickets/Credentials. Tickets/credentials obtained from sources other than representatives of the USGA, (including but not limited to auction sites) may be lost, stolen or counterfeit and in such cases will not be honored. In addition, Tickets/Credentials obtained in contravention of the terms of the Ticket/Credential and/or this Agreement will not be honored. The USGA has no responsibility for Tickets/Credentials purchased through an unauthorized source. Ticket Holders in possession of Tickets/Credentials that have been reported as lost or stolen, are subject to removal from the Championship and may be referred to local authorities for investigation.
3. Accessibility for Ticket Holders with Disabilities. The USGA is committed to compliance with the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and will take actions required under the ADA to provide access to the Championship for its ticket/credentialed holders with disabilities, who are invited to contact the USGA at (800) 698-0661 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests they may have to provide or enhance such access.
4. Postponement and Cancellation Policy. (a) Dates and times of the Championship are subject to change at any time, either before or during the Championship. The USGA may, in its sole discretion, delay, postpone or cancel the Championship for any reason, including but not limited to weather conditions and safety-related issues. There will be no refunds, exchanges, rain checks or replacements except as set forth herein. (b) If fewer than four (4) cumulative hours of play are conducted during any day (such day referred to as the “Affected Day”), then, if determined by the USGA in its sole discretion, that day’s ticket/credential may or may not be honored for a subsequent day(s) play or partially or fully refunded. (c) If the USGA, in its sole discretion, elects to honor a ticket/credential for an Affected Day on a later day(s), unless otherwise determined by the USGA, Gallery tickets, 1761 Club tickets/credentials, and any hospitality tickets/credentials (including Corporate Hospitality tickets/credentials) for such Affected Day shall be allowed access only to the championship grounds on the subsequent day(s) and not the 1761 Club, or any hospitality facility (including Corporate Hospitality facilities), as the case may be. If the USGA has decided to honor a ticket/credential for future day(s), and such ticket/credential is scanned for a future day, such ticket/credential shall be invalid for any other day regardless of the amount of play conducted on such day. (d) If the USGA, in its sole discretion, elects to provide a full or partial refund for any Ticket/Credential for an Affected Day, the USGA will issue such refund only upon receipt of a written request within a reasonable period of time after the conclusion of the Championship and in accordance with refund procedures established by the USGA, in its sole discretion. Refunds will be issued only to the original ticket/credential buyer who purchased the ticket/credential directly from the USGA.(e) Information regarding the USGA decision to: (i) honor a ticket/credential for an Affected Day on a subsequent day; (ii) provide a full or partial refund for a ticket/credential for an Affected Day; and (iii) if applicable, the refund procedure, including form, proof of purchase requirement and deadline for receipt of written requests, will be posted on USGA Web sites www.usga.org. (f) Ticket Holder acknowledges and agrees that: (i) any and all decisions relating to a cancellation and/or postponement of the Championship shall be made by the USGA in its sole discretion; and (ii) Ticket Holder shall adhere to such decisions.
5. Championship Code of Conduct. (a) The following is a list of prohibited and restricted items and activities within the Championship: No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives), No Explosives and/or Fireworks of any kind, No Tablets and/or Computers (cellular mobile devices less than 7” are permitted), No Noise Producing Devices (including portable speakers), NO Cameras (other than Monday through Wednesday for personal photographic use) – Use of cameras and mobile device camera features must follow the camera/photographic policy, No Video and/or Audio Recoding at any time with any device, No Backpacks, Briefcases and/or Bags larger than 6”Wx6H”x6”D in their natural state – Transparent/clear plastic water bottles (size 24 ounce or less) are permitted when empty, No Pets (other than service animals assisting disabled individuals), No Lawn Chairs and/or Oversized Chairs with Arms (compact chairs without arms are permitted with no case), No Ladders and/or Step Stools or other similar items, No Bicycles allowed inside admission areas or on the championship grounds, No Metal-Spiked Golf Shoes, no other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion. The USGA reserves the right to amend the list of Prohibited Items at any time to provide a safe and secure championship. (b) For security or other purposes consistent with the license granted by the Ticket/Credential, Ticket Holder consents to the reasonable inspection of his/her person and property before entering and/or during the Championship. The USGA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse admission to the Championship or to eject anyone refusing to cooperate with such procedures or where a search produces contents or items deemed unlawful, dangerous or prohibited by the USGA. Prohibited or improperly used permitted items will be confiscated. Permitted items left unattended will be removed by security personnel for future pick-up. The USGA is not obligated to hold any item for a period of time longer than the end of play on the day the item was confiscated by the USGA, nor is the USGA liable for the value of any confiscated and/or unattended item. Any Ticket Holder refusing inspection or otherwise refusing to abide by the USGA’s rules and regulations may be denied entry to the Championship or may be removed from the Championship, all without a refund to such Ticket Holder. Any Ticket Holder found with illegal items may be referred to local authorities for investigation. (c) As a condition to receiving a Ticket/Credential and entry to the Championship, Ticket Holder grants permission to the USGA, Lancaster Country Club and/or their respective agents, rights holders, assigns and/or grantees to utilize, exploit and/or reproduce in perpetuity via any means and media now known or hereafter developed Ticketholder’s name, image, likeness, voice and/or any other proprietary indicia, and waives any claim s/he may have related to any such usage, related in any way to coverage or depiction of the Championship, without any compensation whatsoever. (d) In addition to the foregoing, the USGA reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove any Ticket Holder who: (i) fails to comply with the Championship Code of Conduct; (ii) is disruptive to the Championship or the enjoyment, comfort or safety of other spectators, as determined by the USGA in its sole discretion; or (iii) breaches any of the terms or conditions in this Agreement. (e) A “no autograph” policy is in effect on the golf course throughout the Championship week. Spectators shall not request or seek a player’s autograph (or photograph) from the time a player is en route to his/her first tee until the completion of the player’s round. This policy applies to Practice Rounds as well as Championship Rounds. Violation of this policy by Ticket Holder will automatically terminate this license without refund or other compensation.
6. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability and Scope of this Agreement. (a) Ticket Holder expressly assumes all risks incidental to and associated with attendance at the Championship. By virtue of the Ticket Holder’s attendance at the Championship, the Ticket Holder acknowledges that s/he/ understands all risks incidental to and associated with his/her attendance, including but not limited to being struck by a golf ball or golf club, and hereby waives, releases and discharges the USGA, Lancaster Country Club, Consortium Sports any and all of their respective affiliated companies and vendors, participating players, and all employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and/or volunteers associated with the Championship, and agrees to hold harmless all of the persons and entities listed above, from any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property loss or damage including all costs and expenses, which result from the Ticket Holder’s attendance at the Championship. This waiver, release and assumption of risk is binding on the Ticket Holder’s heirs and assigns. (b) Tickets/Credentials to the Championship are sold by the USGA on an “AS IS” basis without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied, other than those warranties that are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under New Jersey law. IN NO EVENT WILL THE USGA OR ANY OTHER PERSON INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WITH THE USGA’S TICKETING PROGRAM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, CLAIMED BY ANY TICKET HOLDER IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE MATTERS COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or any other cause of action, other than the exclusive remedies expressly outlined in this Agreement. (c) This Agreement together with the Ticket/Credential contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the matters outlined in this Agreement, and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements or understandings between the parties with respect to such subject matter.